Arrive and Drive Schedule for 2012
Eurasia Automotive and Arrive and Drive announce the 2012 Arrive and Drive track schedule:
1) Winter in California … 5 tracks (11 track days) from late February thru early April
- Chuckwalla (near Palm Springs, direct flights daily from Edmonton & Calgary on Westjet) – Saturday Feb 25 & Sunday Feb 26
- Buttonwillow (near Bakersfield, fly to/from LAX) – Saturday March 10 & Sunday March 11
- Chuckwalla (again, but the opposite direction) – Friday March 23, Saturday March 24 & Sunday March 25
- Spring Mountain(near Las Vegas) – Saturday March 31 & Sunday April 1
- Thunderhill (near Willows, CA so fly into Sacremento (1.5 hour drive) or San Fransisco (3 hour drive)) – Saturday April 7 & Sunday April 8
Cars will stay in the Palm Springs area between events. Because of the relatively short travel distances between tracks, this event is priced at what it would normally cost to do two California tracks, so a pretty decent deal even if you don’t plan to do all the events. Also the last three are back-to-back weekends, so perhaps an opportunity to spend a few extra days in California. We can arrange maintenance/repairs/tires at a local shop between events as necessary.
2) High Plains (near Denver, CO) May 18, 19 & 20 (3 track days). Open lapping hosted by the track Friday, followed by a BMW Club school on Sat & Sun. Very friendly group, fun track with lots of elevation change.
3) Miller Motorsport Park (near Salt Lake City, UT) June 8-10 (this is the new summer date for the 3-day PCA Club Race and DE weekend). Miller is Mecca for track junkies.
4) Laguna Seca (in Monterey, CA) June 29, 30, July 1 (3 track days). World class track, and an opportunity to experience the legendary Corkscrew. Not to mention this area is great for entertaining and shopping, so typically spouses want to be invited.
5) CANCELLED (by the event organizer) … Oregon Raceway Park (Grass Valley, OR) Saturday Aug 10 thru Tuesday Aug 14 (4 track days). ORP is probably my favourite track, built on constantly rolling farmland with tons of elevation change and lots of run-off space … and a half-pipe! Plus this event is 4 consecutive track days!!
6) Fall Extravaganza … 3 tracks (6 track days) from Labour Day thru Halloween
- Watkins Glen (fly into Buffalo, NY or Syracuse, NY or even Hamilton, ON) Monday Sept 3 & Tuesday Sept 4
- Barber, which is home to the Porsche Driving Experience (fly into Birmingham, AL) Saturday Sept 22 & Sunday Sept 23
- Virginia International Raceway (fly into Greensboro, NC or Raleigh/Durham, NC) Sunday Oct 28 & Monday Oct 29
These events are all with Chin Motorsports, which without doubt is the most professional and courteous group we’ve run with. Cars will stay in Birmingham between events, and we can arrange repairs or maintenance if necessary.
Custom and group trips are also available. If there’s a track you’d like to visit, we can make it happen.